Kennedy's Letting Service
• Provide Landlords with a current market appraisal and impartial advice regarding décor, furnishings, Energy Performance Certificates etc.
• Advise Landlords of relevant legislation with regards to Gas Safety, Electrical Installations and Furniture & Furnishings etc.
• Organise Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate and annual renewal (this is a legal requirement). The cost of this is £60.00 plus VAT and payable by the Landlod
• Arrange for the EPC and floorplan and prepare property details to include photographs. The cost of the EPC and floorplan to be paid by the Landlord and is approx. £75.00 plus VAT.
• Advertise the property on Kennedys’ website, Rightmove, Findaproperty, Zoopla, Prime Location and all other relevant portals and display in Kennedys’ window in Walton on the Hill.
• Contact prospective tenants registered on our database and through web based enquiries.
• Accompany viewing appointments with prospective tenants.
• Assess suitability of prospective tenants using an independent referencing agency. This will include income and residential (landlord) references, plus credit search. It should be noted that Kennedys’ take no liability for any prospective tenant providing false or misleading information in their reference application.
• Prepare the Tenancy Agreement (There will be a cost of £75.00 plus VAT for the Tenancy Agreement)
• Arrange for inventory and check-in using an independent inventory company. You will be required to cover the cost of this and we can provide you with a price for this.
• We will collect the first months’ rent in advance, provide the tenant with a standing order mandate for them to instruct their bank to make future rental payments. We will deduct the Kennedys’ administration fee and transfer the Net balance to your nominated account. Monthly thereafter once we have received the rent from your tenant we will transfer it to yourself, minus our fee subject to any maintenance deductions within five working days.
• We will hold the Security Deposit (the equivalent of six weeks rent) as Stakeholder under a government approved Deposit Scheme (My Deposits).
• We will provide your tenants with your contact details for their records should they need to contact you with regards to maintenance issues.
• Upon written instructions from the Landlord, we will serve the Section 21 Notice requiring vacant possession when required.
• Arrange for the check-out to be carried out at the termination of the tenancy. This is at the cost of the tenant.
To download a copy of this information in pdf form please click here.